The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FOUND & More available (Thanks Curtis!): E39A JDM front bumper BRACKETS

ctm

EDIT/UPDATE: Scroll down to curtis' reply on 08/12/11 06:09 PM. He kindly made a batch of these and provides a link below where you can place an order.

---original post---

Need a set too please. Missed out on the set GW had. Prefer the JDM units or redesigned Curtis-made units (yes sir, twisting your arm to do a run of these). Send PM with details. TIA

Last edited:

boostx

Twisting Curtis arms on this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Let the fireworks begin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dustyduff

Not to sh*t in your thread but I could use a set too. More leverage for twisting Curtis' arm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Garfield said how he'll have them on his site soon

ctm

dustyduff - no prob. that's precisely the type of sh*t this effort needs. pile it high & deep mah bruthuh!

GSX_TC - Right you are. However, GW also noted in a recent post that he would do so after a redesign when Curtis next makes them. So I take it you need then too, and if so, great!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yeah I'm still waiting on mine

The8er

I got a bumper cover ther other day but need to now what esle is needed to make this happen All I got was the cover and it doesn't appear to fit on the US metal support or foamy stuff.

But it sounds like I'm going to need some to Curtis...

GSX_TC

Yeah that's because the JDM bumpers don't bolt right up man, you need the JDM brackets to make them work.

curtis

One of you get me a count of a total number to build that way I can go order some aluminum.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Quoting The8er:
I got a bumper cover ther other day but need to now what esle is needed to make this happen All I got was the cover and it doesn't appear to fit on the US metal support or foamy stuff.

But it sounds like I'm going to need some to Curtis...

The JDM bumper cover should have its' own aluminum skeleton attached to it. The metal support is built into the cover, what you need to do is remove the US stuff from the car completely. Using either the JDM or Curtis made brackets to bolt the bumper on. Using Curtis' brackets will allow you to use the stock holes in the rails and also move the JDM unit up enough to close the gap between the trim and bumper cover. If you use the JDM brackets, you will have to drill the holes, which is easy considering the provisions are already there you just have to drill the hole. There will also be a gap between the bumper and the trim garnish beneath the headlights, small but noticable.

GSX_TC

So your saying that if u go with the Curtis ones there won't be a gap and if u go with the JDM ones there will be a gap?

The8er

Quoting raptorreed:
The JDM bumper cover should have its' own aluminum skeleton attached to it. The metal support is built into the cover

Not seeing any metal of any sort on this thing. Errr...Is it something that can be bought and replaced??

ctm

Curtis - Thanks for chiming in. Will help to keep track of those who need these. Hope all is well, arm and all ;-)

Last edited:

curtis

Now I'm going to go put ice on my shoulder. My arm hurts from all this twisting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Guys I stay busy its a constant flow of locals wanting something, local shops that use me as there go to guy and other stuff I have to get done. Stuff I restore and sell on ebay, stuff for guys on here in PM's that many never see or hear about, and the normal honey do and the Daddy will you go for a bike ride or lets go swimming. My shop is in the basement so its all summer with the neighborhood kids in and out but school started last Friday so I do see some light in the tunnel especially since my daughter is on the gymnastics team and I have a few more hours 3 days a week.

I'm starting to get a handle on projects and I still have stuff for guys here that have waited forever, one lost some of the seat brackets pieces and needs those and another wants headlights built along with the last of Paul's crate projects. CTM contacted me months ago on these and it takes as long to set up the mill and everything else for one as it does for ten.

So enough of the life history. I'll go sometime this week and get some stuff on order, they may have it not sure hoping they do. If you want a set put your name on the list so I can have an idea of how many to cut.

Thanks

raptorWagon

One Day the green car will be free of acting as a shelf! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Actually I cleaned it off a few weeks ago spread out the big piece of foam and put everything back on it.

GSX_TC

I was gonna post that but I figured I wouldn't out of respect for Curtis's brackets

spooling92vr4

No disrespect to Curtis but the op posted a wtb and these are available now.. I'm waiting for Curtis' brackets myself

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned